Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] windows vista bacula

2009-03-30 09:57:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] windows vista bacula
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bill Szkotnicki <bszk AT uoguelph DOT ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:53:58 -0400
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Bill Szkotnicki <bszk AT uoguelph DOT ca>
wrote:
> Hi,
> I have the backup sort of working for windows vista.
> The FileSet I am using is below in this message.
> Questions:
>
> 1) I am still getting this message:
>
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5175:      C:/Users/jfrance/Documents/My Pictures
> is a different filesystem. Will not descend from
> C:/Users/jfrance/Documents into C:/Users/jfrance/Documents/My Pictures
>
> The bacula fd is running on vista under the "system account" and it
> "will not descend.
> And yet the backup of C:/Users/jfrance/Pictures is fine.
> I can't even see "C:/Users/jfrance/Documents/My Pictures" on the client
> machine ( a notebook on my desk )
> But surely it is the same set of files?????
>
> 2) Is there a way to wildcard the username part in the FileSet?
> Something like C:/Users/*/*"
>

> Thanks, Bill
>
> FileSet {
>  Name = "vista-files"
>  Include {
>    Options {
>      Compression=GZIP
>      signature=SHA1
>      Sparse = yes
>    }
>    File = "C:/Users/jfrance/Contacts"
>    File = "C:/Users/jfrance/Desktop"
>    File = "C:/Users/jfrance/Documents"
>    File = "C:/Users/jfrance/Downloads"
>    File = "C:/Users/jfrance/Pictures"
>  }
> }

I thought the consensus from several users last week was not to backup
C:\Users because this is actually a symlink to the real location and
that real location should have already been in your fileset for a
normal backup?

John