Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Debian Lenny Bacula screw up.

2009-03-23 18:39:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Debian Lenny Bacula screw up.
From: terryc <terryc AT woa.com DOT au>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:32:39 +1100
John Drescher wrote:
>> I have just "upgraded"(?) my bacula server to debian version lenny and
>> there appears to be a major screwup in their package for this version.
>>
>> First part was it objected to "AcceptAnyVolume=Yes in each pool directive.
>>
> I believe that directive went away years ago because the default is to
> accept any volume.

When do some later research, that was what I found was the case.

>> Second is I can no longer modify a requested job to place its out put in
>> a selected tape pool.
>>
> Although I do not use that often I think you can still do that in bconsole.

That was where I was doing it and found that it was simply ignoring the
pool that it was directed to use.

Problem was skirted by changing the level from full to incremental, when
it followed the job/jobdef listing for tape pools to use.

Now to chase up why the upgraded director has taken to dieing all the time.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}}}}
Bicycles, Appropriate Technology, Natural Environment, Welding