Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Question about Priorities and Maximum Concurrent Jobs

2009-03-20 15:39:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Question about Priorities and Maximum Concurrent Jobs
From: John Lockard <jlockard AT umich DOT edu>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:28:02 -0400
The minimum setting I have on Max Concurrent Jobs is on the
Tape Library and that's set to 3.  It appears that priority
trumps all, unless the priority is the same or better.

So, if I have one job that has priority of, say, 10, then
any job running on any other tape drive or virtual library
will sit and wait till that higher priority job to finish
before they'll begin.

This also makes priority mostly useless for me as well.  I
guess it would take care of situations where I'd want one
job to finish before a secondary or tertiary job starts, but
then I run the risk of another job postponing the 2nd and
3rd job, which wouldn't be my intention.

-John

--
"ACTION: None of the violence you are about to see was simulated.
         People were actually injured for your entertainment."