Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] HOWTO set pass word for windows clinet to use?

2009-03-17 09:10:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] HOWTO set pass word for windows clinet to use?
From: terryc <terryc AT woa.com DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 23:56:41 +1100
Mario Constanti wrote:
> Do you use the FQDN?
> This was one problem i have had!

Yes.
They seem to be talking, but it is looking like FD to SD trouble from
the message that lists briefly on "stat dir", then it errors out in ~5 secs.

This is the actual error message in the report;

17-Mar 21:43 backuphost-dir: clienthostHome.2009-03-17_21.43.03 Fatal
error: Unable to authenticate with File daemon. Possible causes:
Passwords or names not the same or
Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the FD or
FD networking messed up (restart daemon).

The win client status window shows no activity,except that
"refresh"action I associate with it talking to DIR.

Either it is a mystical windows error, or it is fathonable.

The config file was basically cut and paste (er xyy,p actually) and then
just changing hostnames. so, it has to be a really sneaky
"dirty glasses" error and I've already retyped many lines just in case.

It wouldn't matter too much, but the user is the CFO and she has work
she wants to do. {:-).

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}}}}
Bicycles, Appropriate Technology, Natural Environment, Welding