Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] externalize backups

2009-03-16 15:08:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] externalize backups
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:57:18 -0700
In that case, use Maximum Volume Jobs = 1, and also limit the size of a
volume.

This way, you will end up with several individual files for each of your
backups (it's a lot easier to manage 10 5GB files than 1 50GB file), and
you can also be sure that you will never have two jobs in the same file.
For that matter, I would actually size the maximum volume size so that
you can easily burn each file onto one DVD, just in case. I believe
that's about 4GB.

Also, keep in mind that most likely, only a full backup will be that
size; incremental or differential backups will be smaller (the exception
would be database backups).

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Direct: 760-721-8339
Office: 866-642-7116
kkeane AT 4nettech DOT com
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information
herein is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named
above. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the e-mail and any copies,
printouts or attachments thereof.