Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Suggestions for selecting Bacula version

2009-03-12 08:59:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Suggestions for selecting Bacula version
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 05:49:25 -0700
There is no 100% cut-and-dried answer here, but a couple thoughts:

- Regardless of what you do, I would not use a version older than, say,
2.2. Preferably use 2.4.

- You may want to stay with the version you have been testing. After
all, your test results may not apply to other versions.

- If you can, use the version that comes with your distribution, in this
case with Ubuntu 8.04. It makes updating and maintenance a lot easier.

- If the Ubuntu version is too old, see if you can find a newer version
already compiled for Ubuntu 8.04 somewhere else.

Only as a last resort recompile yourself.

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.