Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Suggestions to make a backup

2009-03-12 07:29:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Suggestions to make a backup
From: Massimo Schenone <mschenone AT sorint DOT it>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:18:43 +0100
If your daily modified data can fit into an LTO3 (about 600GB in my
experience), may be you can set an incremental forever policy for your
schedule.
Usually restore requests on file servers refer to a file or directory,
so only one tape is necessary to accomplish the job. Of course, in case
of a disaster, you'll need to mount all the volumes to retrieve last
copy of data.

Massimo