Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] FileId in table File too small

2009-03-05 05:05:35
Subject: [Bacula-users] FileId in table File too small
From: Michael Scherer <michi AT buks-island DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 10:49:59 +0100
Hello everybody.

Last friday when ran into a problem with the FileId attribute of the File
table. Using Bacula for some years now the FileId reached its maximum of
4294967295 and Bacula wasnt able to backup any more files.

I found a recent post concerning such an issue. The solution was to alter the
File table and change the FileId to BigInt(12).
After doing this backups are working again as expected but I'm a bit concerned
about the internal handling of the FileId field.

Are the Bacula daemons able to handle bigger numbers or may we run into loss
of data with that solution?
Is there any other solution than that to solve that problem?

Restarting with a blank catalog is only an option if we somehow can restore
data from jobs stored in the old catalog.

Is it possible to simply configure two catalogs in the bacula-dir.conf and
reference just one to the client(s)? Is the bacula-dir able to find data in
the second (old + full) catalog?
What about duplicate JobIds?

Thanks for any help.

Greetings,
 Michael

PS: The Bacula-Website still looks pretty good. ;^)

--
  Every time you install Ubuntu God kills a penguin ...