Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Getting rid of old volumes

2009-03-03 09:26:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] Getting rid of old volumes
From: Christopher Beelby <cmbeelby AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:50:29 -0500
I have a backup setup that takes a full backup once a month and incremental backup's each day during the month. I am keeping two months worth of data. I write to files on the local disk and they are labeled something like Backup_2009-02-13. What I would like to happen is that when something is over ~2 months old it is removed. Bacula is pruning records and I see that the media is listed as Purged, but it is still counted as media and so my limit of 60 on my daily pools is full.

Is there a way to make it so that when a media record is at a certain age (at which point all associated jobs and files have been purged) and so it is marked Purged to actually have it automatically be removed (deleted) from the catalog so that bacula doesn't think its hit its limit on the number of pieces of media.

I do not have my media being recycled, and when I tried enabling that on one of the media marked as Purge it used it again just fine, but it did not relabel it as I had hoped it would with the current date.

What I thought would be nice to have is files corresponding to the last 60 days called Backup_2009-02-13 , etc... , but maybe I'd be better off not making the files have a particular date and just have 60 files that get used over and over again (by recycling the old ones). Thanks for your help.

-Chris