Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] FW: How do I set up multiple tape devices

2009-03-02 14:53:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] FW: How do I set up multiple tape devices
From: "Pat Fricke" <sales AT prfhome DOT com>
To: "'John Drescher'" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 08:29:34 -0800
> In bconsole, I type run, select job "client1".
>
> That's it, I have LTO tape's defined in the LTO pool. The job is set to
use
> the LTO-Pool.
>
> In fact, currently I have commented out the Quantum-DLT device and am
> running backups on the Quantum-LTO drive with no problems, but would like
> use the Quantum-DLT device for special backups.
>
> BTW, we only back up the file server to tape so 127.0.0.1 works for us.

In my bacula I have DLT, LTO, DVD and disk storages all defined and on
the same sd . I have more than 1 sd machine. The machine  with the
director has DVD + DISK + DLT. The SD I use most (different machine)
has DLT + 2 x LTO + DISK + DVD.

Have you restarted the server after changing this configuration. If you do a

list media pool="LTO-Pool"

does it show any DLT volumes?

John

Didn't restart server, can try that tonight after hours.

Yes, list media pool="LTO-Pool" shows the full list (10 tapes) thee first of
which was used last night, the rest are ready to go.

As far as you can see my configs are OK?

Think I misunderstood,

Yes I restarted Bacula (Bacula stop/Bacula start)
No I did not restart the PC.