Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup cifs fileset

2009-02-27 02:08:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup cifs fileset
From: Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 07:05:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:59:11 +0100, François Mehault wrote:

> We cannot use option 2 because the share is published on a NetApp Filer.
> We are investigated option 3 but is doesn't seem to work, the job never
> ends (we are just trying to backup a simple file)

if using option 3 the bacula-fd service needs to be run as a user with
rights to access the share on netapp. certanly the SYSTEM user has no
rights on the netapp.

So go to the control panel -> administrative tools -> services -> bacula-
fd and change the logon credentials to a user that has a) local
administrator rights and b) rights to access the netapp folder.

if you wan't check if you can do a "net use" as SYSTEM user, check this
page how to get a console runnign with SYSTEM credentials: http://
blogs.msdn.com/adioltean/articles/271063.aspx

- Thomas