Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to run on Windows

2009-02-22 06:11:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to run on Windows
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 12:07:41 +0100
Kevin Keane wrote:
> For those of us using Windows to administer bacula, I found an easy way
> to run bat. Read up about it in the Wiki page at
> http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=hints_tips:bat_over_ssh_-_another_approach
>
> Basically, it's simple: install an X server on Windows, and then use SSH
> X11 forwarding to run bacula on the server with just the user interface
> running on Windows.
>
> Hopefully, it will help somebody!

I love the idea behind xming ...

But as you certainly knows qt could be natively compiled for windows ( see kde4
progress )
So now nokia as also released qt as lgpl, I'm pretty sure we can have a native
win bat version.

Just need to find a volunteers capable of doing this.
( not always the easy part :-) )

--

     Bruno Friedmann