Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Someone could help me?

2009-02-13 13:12:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Someone could help me?
From: Miguel E. Chang Peña <mchangp AT facinf.uho.edu DOT cu>
To: "Brian Debelius" <bdebelius AT intelesyscorp DOT com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:16:00 -0000 (UTC)
> Hi,
>
> Did anyone every respond and help you with this?
>
> Miguel E. Chang Peña wrote:
>> I just installed bacula, so I am a beginner. But the thing is, I have
>> not
>> seen this system working yet, because of this:
>>
>> computer:~# /etc/init.d/bacula-director start
>> Starting Bacula Director: 11-feb 14:36 bacula-dir: Fatal error: Version
>> error
>> for database "bacula". Wanted 9, got 10
>> 11-feb 14:36 bacula-dir: Fatal error: Could not open Catalog
>> "MyCatalog",
>> database "bacula".
>> 11-feb 14:36 bacula-dir: Fatal error: Version error for database
>> "bacula".
>> Wanted 9, got 10
>> 11-feb 14:36 bacula-dir: ERROR TERMINATION
>> Please correct configuration file: /etc/init.d/bacula-dir.conf
>>
>> I have searched the web for this kind of error, but still have no good
>> answers. Anyone could tell me something about it?
>>
>> P.S: I have Debian Linux 4.0 with mysql ver 14.12 distrib 5.0.51a and
>> bacula version 1.38.11-8 (stable). I have not found any other deb
>> package
>> to install. I dont know anything about versions between that and the
>> latest.
>> I am a student.

This is a response I got:

How did you install the software?

The reason I ask is that what this means is the catalog was created
with a script from a newer version of bacula than the version of
bacula that you are running. I believe  2.0.X installed a catalog
version 10. You can not downgrade a catalog so this will not work on a
system with 1.38.X installed.

John

I haven't tested that yet, but what I really need is a deb package with a
newer version of bacula, so I could really see if that's the problem. I
created the database with a script I found on the web. It could be what
John said before. I'm I wrong?

Regards.

Universidad de Holguín
Oscar Lucero Moya