Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula BLOCK issue where already created volumes not being read

2009-02-13 05:23:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula BLOCK issue where already created volumes not being read
From: Thomas Traeger <t.traeger AT kabuco DOT de>
To: "'bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:40:33 +0100
Arno Lehmann schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> 13.02.2009 02:06, Steve Handy wrote:
>
>> Its still open source. So that free lunch may give you tommy ache.
>>

> I really didn't want to add anything else to this thread, but...
>
> The "free lunch" doesn't give any tummy ache to, for example, the Bank
> Austria. And I guess those guys really need a reliable backup solution
> for their business...
>
> Arno

Just to add another success story, this is how we started using bacula:
3 years ago we used CA Arcserve/Linux to Backup around 20 Servers.
One day we had to restore business critical data but couldn't find some
essential files in the Arcserve backup database. Further
Investigation showed that the Arcserve database was corrupt for a
month, which caused some files not beeing backuped anymore. There
where no error messages, the jobs finished with status OK.
We moved to bacula in about 3 days and never regreted it. The clear
structure with the components file-daemon, storage-daemon,
director in combination with a standards database (mysql, postgresql)
makes bacula a really reliable backup solution for us.