Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-users Digest, Vol 30, Issue 28

2009-02-12 12:24:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-users Digest, Vol 30, Issue 28
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:21:45 -0500
John Drescher wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:51 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Bernd Plagge <bplagge AT choicenet.ne DOT
>> jp> wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've been using Bacula for years to backup my Linux boxes.
>>> Thanks for a great program!
>>>
>>> Now I need to back up a Windows machine.
>>> Fixed drives (C, D, etc) are no problem.
>>> However, one of the LAN devices is a disk storage array with built-in
>>> Samba. It can be configured as a domain member and the various directories
>>> are shareable.
>>>
>>> I didn't succeed to accessing the directories as \\hdd-box\directory1 or
>>> //hdd-box/directory1 or as Z:/directory1
>>> How can I backup this box.
>>>
>>> Please help!
>>>

>> I started a new thread called "Backing up network drives with windows"
>> with your message. Please use that and do not reply to Digest emails.
>>

> If you can not install bacula on this network machine (hdd-box). I
> would just use mount.cifs on one of your linux machines and backup it
> up from there.

Also, many NAS devices have an NFS server as well. Since many distros
come with autofs and auto-mounting of NFS shares pre-configured, the
mounting step is not needed and all that need be done is to include the
correct path in the job. For example, in Centos it would be something
like '/net/nas_ip_address/share_name'. Autofs can be configured for CIFS
as well, but usually isn't by default. Otherwise, RunBeforeJob and
RunAfterJob scripts can do the mounting and unmounting.