Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] windows client auth problems

2009-02-07 13:46:06
Subject: [Bacula-users] windows client auth problems
From: Michael Galloway <mgx AT ornl DOT gov>
To: bacula <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 13:42:38 -0500
i'm having a bit of what i imaging is authentication issues to a windows
client, that
is behind a firewall. i am doing backups to my linux clients in the same
network segment,
for what thats worth. my config on the bacula server for the client is:

Job {
  Name = "seahorse"
  Client = seahorse-fd
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  FileSet = "seahorsefileset"
  Schedule = "standardsched"
  Storage = HP4048
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = Full
  SpoolData = Yes
  Priority = 10
  Write Bootstrap = "/bacula/bin/working/seahorse.bsr"
}

Client {
  Name = seahorse-fd
  Address = seahorse.ornl.gov
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "U4r......Nzv+"          # password for FileDaemon
  File Retention = 30 days            # 30 days
  Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

and the fd config on the client:

#
# Default  Bacula File Daemon Configuration file
#
#  For Bacula release 2.4.4 (01/03/09) -- Windows MVS
#
# There is not much to change here except perhaps the
# File daemon Name
#

#
# "Global" File daemon configuration specifications
#

FileDaemon {                            # this is me
  Name = seahorse-fd
  FDport = 9102                # where we listen for the director
  WorkingDirectory = "C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application
Data\\Bacula\\Work"
  Pid Directory = "C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application
Data\\Bacula\\Work"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
  Heartbeat Interval = 15
}

#
# List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon
#

Director {
  Name = krait
  Password = "U4r.........Nzv+"
}

#
# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
#   status of the file daemon
#
Director {
  Name = krait-mon
  Password = "LHM..............mlHQ"
  Monitor = yes
}

# Send all messages except skipped files back to Director
Messages {
  Name = Standard
  director = krait-dir = all, !skipped, !restored
}

i've restarted the client on the windows system a couple of times and the
client is running. telnet to the client
gives some response:

krait:/bacula/bin # telnet seahorse  9102
Trying 128.xxx.xxx.xxx...
Connected to seahorse.
Escape character is '^]'.

so i think the client is at least answering on that port. i cannot see anything
relevant in the event log.
what am i missing here? this is my first attempt at windows clients, and i'm
not really a windows person,
so i'm unsure what to look for.

-- michael