Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How can I prevent this?

2009-02-05 17:34:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How can I prevent this?
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 22:32:39 +0100
Hi,

05.02.2009 17:11, Brian Debelius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I prevent my current nights backup jobs, from taking priority
> over the previous nights jobs, when those jobs have not finished yet?  I
> have jobs that run every night, and I control which jobs run when with a
> priority.

There are some ideas floating around in the list archives - the most
interesting one, to me, is to use a run before job script that, using
bconsole, checks which jobs are currently running and aborts with an
error code if its own name is in the list.

Then, you can wait for the next major version of Bacula, where there
will be configuration directives to modify the scheduling and running
behaviour in thss case.

Arno

> I had an problem where the previous nights jobs, ran through the time
> when the current nights jobs were to start, and the current nights
> higher priority jobs pushed ahead of the unfinished previous nights
> jobs.  How can I keep sets of jobs from intermingling.  A new job set
> feature?

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann
Sandstr. 6, 49080 Osnabrück