Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula hang issue. was: bacula sometimes gets stuck when volume wanted is already in a different drive

2009-02-05 16:29:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula hang issue. was: bacula sometimes gets stuck when volume wanted is already in a different drive
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 22:27:00 +0100
Hi Silver,

05.02.2009 12:19, Silver Salonen wrote:
> OK, so.. it seems I'm on my own again.. anyone else experiencing this problem?

I suggest you start a new thread with all the details - those are not
easily found in the existing mails, and I guess noone here currently
has the spare time to collect all that...

> The problem (once again): all the jobs that are not waiting for
> execution (or for any other resource), are waiting on storage.
>
> And I still can't understand how can this be a support request and why it
> can't be considered a bug :S

It can be considered a bug if the developers see good indications for
it... currently, Kern doesn't, so...

> Could anyone else check the current information and see why it's not a bug?

... we need you relevant configuration, status output, and a backtrace
of the SD with debug symbols, all in one place. Or rather, the
developers do, but it would be best to post this here first so others
can check it first.

> PS. I'm sorry I can't let it go.. but my backups are hung every night :(

Good reasons to insist on help :-)

And, fortunately, a good base to collect the necessary information.

I suggest you start by restarting the complete Bacula suite and
collect debug output from the programs.

Then leave it run until the problem shows up. Wait a while, and create
the traceback.

Stop debug output, and shorten the output files to only show the
relevant information, i.e. what happens shortly before the problem
happens.

Then write a short, concise description of the problem, and don't
forget the version of the programs, the OS, and the relevant
environment details you're running under.

And then let's see if someone sees something interesting there.

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann