Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula prunes files too early

2009-02-05 07:24:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula prunes files too early
From: Vladimir Vassiliev <vova AT edu.yar DOT ru>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 14:39:05 +0300
On Четверг 05 февраля 2009, you wrote:

> > I did a couple of tests with empty files: in job with 1,001,002 files it's
> > possible to select them but with 1,202,203 - is not.
>
> Possibly the transaction and/or temporary tables used to insert the records is
> too large?  I suggest checking your database logs.

Thanks for suggestion.
I use Postgresql and have

2009-02-05 14:29:57 MSK 18899  LOG:  checkpoints are occurring too frequently
(3 seconds apart)
2009-02-05 14:29:57 MSK 18899  HINT:  Consider increasing the configuration
parameter "checkpoint_segments".

in log.
I'm not very experienced in Postgresql. Could this be the cause of the issue?

--
Vladimir Vassiliev <vova AT edu.yar DOT ru>