Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bug / RFE

2009-02-04 13:44:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bug / RFE
From: "Dupree, Craig" <cdupree AT austin.utexas DOT edu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:13:49 -0600
This is starting to get annoying....

Can the parts of bacula that ask for volume names not arbitrarily use atoi on
them?

Here is a good example where I want to purge a volume name, since I know now
the list of volumes that I want to purge and reuse for this month's backup set:

Enter MediaId or Volume name: 000029
sql_get.c:1002 Media record MediaId=29 not found.

In this case, it's only a hassle because MediaId 29 doesn't exist.   A worse
problem occurs when the leading zeros are stripped off of a volume name, and
the resulting number is a valid MediaId.

Craig