Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] disabled job still ran

2009-02-03 13:33:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] disabled job still ran
From: Ronald Buder <rbuder AT proficom-ag DOT de>
To: "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 19:30:43 +0100
Hi list,

I don't know how or why, but for some reason two disabled jobs ran, twice even
after disabling them. The reason they were disabled was that the run after
script had a major bug that would sooner or later screw up the client. Well,
unfortunately that's exactly what happened.

I'm kind of out of ideas about how or why that happened. I'm absolutely
positive that I disabled the jobs last week on Wednesday. Luckily did I define
system jobs that backed up the operating system so that I can restore the box
and have it back up and running in no time. But I'm still absolutely clueless
as how or why bacula would even trigger a job that's been disabled.

We performed an upgrade to 2.4.4 today which went smoothly and everything is
up and running. Until yesterday we had 2.4.3 up which seemed to be working
good too. However skimming through the logs and double checking with the
currently enabled and disabled jobs I have just noticed other candidates which
exposed the same behaviour.

Any clues as if to what might be happening are greatly appreciated. This will
give me a bad nights sleep. I stop the client daemons on the clients now, just
to be sure.

Best regards

Ronald

--