Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Setup advices for some heterogenous set of server

2009-02-03 07:48:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] Setup advices for some heterogenous set of server
From: Thomas Manson <dev.mansonthomas AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 13:44:41 +0100
Hi,

  I've read quite some stuff about bacula, but I'm still not sure of the best way to implement it.

  I've attached a simple diagram that represent the network as it will soon be. (DNS Server 1 and WebServer 2 are not yet setup).

  On each server of the left side, the host provider gives 160GB of disk on FTP.
  The Home Server is the server that will run the Backup Director.

  Over internet, servers can communicate via SSH. Additionnal port can be opened, but I'd rather not.

  HomeServer and Office Server has an 1MByte/s download and 100KByte/s upload capabilities.
  Other Servers have more the 50MByte/s upload capabilities

  For WebServer1 & 3, and Office Server, I've no other solution that get backup to HomeServer.
  For other servers, I've the 160GB disks available, but I'm not sure of their reliabality (Probably not raid 1 or 5 device, who can access).

  Any thought, advice?

Regards,
Thomas.