Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Another strangeness on 2.4.4 - upgrading to FULL after FULL backup

2009-01-08 09:03:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Another strangeness on 2.4.4 - upgrading to FULL after FULL backup
From: Michael Galloway <mgx AT ornl DOT gov>
To: bacula <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 06:55:29 -0500
On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 06:21:50AM -0500, John Drescher wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 6:08 AM, Frank Altpeter <frank.altpeter AT gmail DOT
> com> wrote:
> > My bad, just detected it by myself... the FileSet has been modified
> > and so I assume the Incremental backup has been upgraded to Full
> > because the FileSet has been changed.
> >
> > But IMHO there should be a better notification for that, something
> > like "FileSet has been modified, upgrading to FULL backup".
> >

> I think there is a way to have fileset changes not force a full. Check
> the docs if anyone does not reply with the instructions.
>
> John

yup, been there, done that :-), its here;

http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION001470000000000000000

Ignore FileSet Changes = <yes|no>
    Normally, if you modify the FileSet Include or Exclude lists, the next
backup will be forced to a Full so that Bacula can guarantee that any additions
or deletions are properly saved.

    We strongly recommend against setting this directive to yes, since doing so
may cause you to have an incomplete set of backups.

    If this directive is set to yes, any changes you make to the FileSet
Include or Exclude lists, will not force a Full during subsequent backups.

    The default is no, in which case, if you change the Include or Exclude,
Bacula will force a Full backup to ensure that everything is properly backed
up.