Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] volume management on a storage File

2008-12-08 15:48:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] volume management on a storage File
From: "Lukasz Szybalski" <szybalski AT gmail DOT com>
To: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:46:09 -0600
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 1:47 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
>> As far as configuration then:
>> 1. I should copy my 'default' pool definition and create a new one by adding:
>>
> Sounds fine.
>

>> Maximum Volumes = 20
>> Volume Retention = 365 days
> Probably too long. Remember bacula will only recycle a volume when it
> does not have any appendable ones available.

I should be fine setting it to 1 month then? If it fill all the
volumes within 1st month,  will it still re-use/recycle the oldest
volume? or volume retention setting will prevent it from doing it?

Has anybody compressed an bacule file? 5gb ~ ? gb compressed bz2?

>> Maximum Volume Bytes = 25 GB
>> Label Format = 'Volumes'  (should I pick a different name/ format)
>> (also add label media = yes in a device)
>>
>> Anything else?
>>
> I can not think of any thing at the moment.

What about my old volume, how should I retire it after my new volumes
are in place?

Thanks,
Lucas