Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula stuck inserting attributes

2008-12-04 16:28:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula stuck inserting attributes
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 22:25:51 +0100
Hi,

04.12.2008 17:11, Bob Hetzel wrote:
> Nevermind all... The answer was
> to run "mysql" then kill the offending process which was apparently
> leftover from the dbcheck command.  In my case the output showed it was
> process 517, so I did...
>
> mysql> kill 517 ;
>
> That allowed bacula to continue normally.

I was just about to point this out ;-)

> But methinks that's a bug for dbcheck not to abort stuff properly when
> you ctrl-c it.  Clearly not something I would deem a high priority bug
> though.

Well, I believe the different supported catalog backends might behave
differently, and I also don't know if it's common to cancel running
database operations when the program initiating them terminates.

That said, it might be possible to unconditionally cancel all active
queries when dbcheck terminates, but it might also be possible that
database-dependent code would be needed for this purpose.

I'm sure that a patch would be seriously considered, but as you point
out, this is probably not very pressing for the regular developers
right now...

Arno

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann