Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Trying to use bpipe with 2.5.16-beta.

2008-12-04 10:39:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] Trying to use bpipe with 2.5.16-beta.
From: Graham Keeling <graham AT equiinet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 15:37:32 +0000
Hello,

I've been trying out bacula-2.5.16-beta, and I've tried to use bpipe to backup
my mysql database. I think that I have done everything right, having followed
the instructions on this page...
http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/New_Features.html
...but it doesn't want to work. Perhaps somebody can give me a hint?
(Incidentally, that web page mentions a 'bpipe-dir.so', as well as a
'bpipe-fd.so', but I think that there is no 'bpipe-dir.so' - at least, I
can't find one)

I set this in my fileset (in the director config), and test that the mysqldump
command works when I run it from the command line:

FileSet {
  Name = "$NAME"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
      compression = GZIP9
    }
    File=/chroot/write/html
    (and some others...)
    Plugin = "bpipe:/var/spool/backup-out/MYSQLPIPE:mysqldump -f
--all-databases:mysql"
}

I set this in the file daemon config:

FileDaemon {
  Name = tserv.example.com-fd
  FDport = 9102
  WorkingDirectory = /var/lib/bacula
  Pid Directory = /var/run
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
  PKI Signatures = Yes
  PKI Encryption = Yes
  PKI Keypair = "/etc/bacula/bacula-client-keys-base"
  Plugin Directory = "/etc/bacula/plugins"
}

I make sure that 'bpipe-fd.so' is in /etc/bacula/plugins.
The permissions all look fine (the file daemon runs as root, so it should be
ok).
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 23485 Dec  4 15:05 bpipe-fd.so

I restart all the daemons and run my job from bconsole, which backs up all my
files OK, but at the end, I get this message come out on bconsole...

*bpipe-fd: plugin=bpipe fname=/MYSQL/regress.sql reader=mysqldump -f --opt
--databases bacula writer=mysql

...my log says this, and the Job finishes with status 'Error':

Dec  4 15:25:09  bacula-dir: tserv.example.com-fd JobId 12: Fatal error: Pipe
read error: ERR=Success

So. Any ideas?

Graham.