Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Solaris "Packet size too big" failures

2008-12-03 14:08:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Solaris "Packet size too big" failures
From: Jason Dixon <jdixon AT omniti DOT com>
To: Allan Black <Allan.Black AT btconnect DOT com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:06:31 -0500
On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 07:02:16PM +0000, Allan Black wrote:
> Jason Dixon wrote:
>> Wouldn't it fail consistently in that case?  It hasn't failed the last
>> two nights.
>
> Good :-) Has it started working since you changed from "localhost" to
> "real host name"?

It has stopped failing since that change.  But it's only been two
nights.  We've had successful sequences of that length before, need to
give it a few more nights to be certain.

> Was it not just the catalog backup which was failing in this way?

That's the only job that currently uses FD on the director right now.
It *was* failing for the local system job too, so we moved away from
Bacula for the backup server itself and started using Zetaback.

> Anyway, if it starts happening again, it might be worth using truss on
> the FD.

Ok.

Thanks,

--