Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of in one directory with 800.000 files

2008-12-02 10:19:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of in one directory with 800.000 files
From: Tobias Bartel <tbartel AT eteleon DOT de>
To: Ryan Novosielski <novosirj AT umdnj DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 16:16:41 +0100
Hello,

sorry for my late response.

I just finished migrating the catalog to a Postgre 8.1 Server and
enabled spooling. Spooling space is 100GB, the horror directory only
70GB. I hope that both changes will give us a speed bump, well the
Postgre should increase the performance and the spool dir should at
least decrease the tapewear.

I just started another test, lets see how long it will take ;)

cya tobi