Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FW: Re: Large maildir backup

2008-11-27 12:06:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FW: Re: Large maildir backup
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 18:03:41 +0100
Hi,

27.11.2008 14:15, Boris Kunstleben onOffice Software GmbH wrote:
> @Arno
> i'm not that good in mysql, but i already tuned mysql und set some new
> indexes, see below:
> mysql> show index from File;

Actually, my suggestion was to *remove* indexes; updating an index
when adding new data needs additional time. If you update less
indexes, you save that time.

So, remove some of those... but do this carefully, as many other
operations will really suffer if the indexes required are not available.

> +-------+------------+----------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
> | Table | Non_unique | Key_name       | Seq_in_index | Column_name |
> Collation | Cardinality | Sub_part | Packed | Null | Index_type | Comment |
> +-------+------------+----------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
> | File  |          0 | PRIMARY        |            1 | FileId      | A
>  |    15544061 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
> | File  |          1 | JobId          |            1 | JobId       | A
>  |          74 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
> | File  |          1 | PathId         |            1 | PathId      | A
>  |     1195697 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
> | File  |          1 | FilenameId     |            1 | FilenameId  | A
>  |     5181353 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
> | File  |          1 | FilenameId     |            2 | PathId      | A
>  |     7772030 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
> | File  |          1 | JobId_2        |            1 | JobId       | A
>  |          74 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
> | File  |          1 | JobId_2        |            2 | PathId      | A
>  |     1943007 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
> | File  |          1 | JobId_2        |            3 | FilenameId  | A
>  |    15544061 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |

The following two indexes seem to be duplicates of pre-existing ones.

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann