Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] encrypting 5gb bacula backup files?

2008-11-26 14:21:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] encrypting 5gb bacula backup files?
From: "Lukasz Szybalski" <szybalski AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 13:17:45 -0600
Hello,

I was wondering if somebody could suggest a fast encryption algorithm
that I could use to encrypt 5gb files.
What I'm trying to do is create backup files on amazon S3 servers
which allow you to upload up to 5bg per files. I can tell bacula to
use 5gb files, which I would like to encrypt.

I'm looking for a algorithm or a tool that would allow me to
encrypt/decrypt the file at a reasonable speed and goods security.

Is anybody doing that with bacula right now? Do you tell bacula to
create 5gb files and then you compress it ? or...

Let me know,
Thanks,
Lucas

--