Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] retention time confusing

2008-11-23 16:17:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] retention time confusing
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Carlo Maesen <c.maesen AT aca-it DOT be>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 16:14:30 -0500
On Nov 23, 2008, at 3:55 PM, Carlo Maesen wrote:

> I am still confused about retentiontimes.
> I have defined a pool (aca) with a volume-retention of 6days. A
> client has a retention (job and file) of 365 days.  I have the
> following schedule:
>
> # The ACA-SOLARIS-schedule
> Schedule {
>  Name = aca-solaris-cycle
>  Run = Level=Differential Pool=aca mon-thu at 22:30
>  Run = Level=Full Pool=aca-week 1st-4th fri at 22:30
>  Run = Level=Full Pool=aca-month 5th fri at 22:30
> }
>
> Will the files/jobs of the differential backup been deleted from the
> database after 6 days ?

Usually when someone asks a question like that, they see conflicting
information or have tried it and failed to get what they expect.

Can you elaborate upon that now?

I think if you read the documentation you may see that one overrides
another.  Sorry, I don't have time to check just now.

--
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/