Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] HELP: Need to compare on-disk and catalog hashes

2008-11-19 09:52:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] HELP: Need to compare on-disk and catalog hashes
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:50:20 +0000 (GMT)
I've been playing round with verify's DiskToCatalog and found that it
only compares file _attributes_, while I need to compare file hashes as
well.

(Background: we had some hardware problems with one of our RAID arrays
locking up under heavy load and while tranferring files from that to new
RAID hardware have found that various files (around 0.001%) appear intact,
but are full of nulls instead of the expected data.)

Can anyone assist on this?

AB