Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Ignore retention period

2008-11-19 07:23:01
Subject: [Bacula-users] Ignore retention period
From: Bill Damage <bill.damage AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:21:24 +0000 (GMT)
I have 16 tapes in a pool, and each tape takes 2/3 weeks to fill. What I really want is Bacula just to rotate through these in sequence and ask for tape 1 when tape 16 fills. I have set the pool size to 16 but realise there is a problem. If I set the retention too small it will keep asking for earlier tapes rather than the next numbered one. If I set it too high, none of the tapes will have expired - won't it ask me to label a new tape 17 when 16 fills? For this pool, I'd really like to know how to just ignore the retention periods. Thanks.