Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] AutomaticMount=yes does not work

2008-11-18 13:49:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] AutomaticMount=yes does not work
From: Lucio Crusca <lucio AT sulweb DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:47:02 +0100
I wrote:

> What am I missing?

I suspect the problem is timing. I try to explain: when bacula starts a new
job, it tries to mount the disk but it fails, because it happens there is
the wrong usb disk plugged in (or no disk at all). Bacula then mails the
operator asking for the correct disk (not the correct disk for the NEXT
job, but the correct disk for the PREVIOUS job that failed). The operator
changes the disk but he does not issue a mount command manually, because
the operator is not supposed to be command-line savvy in my case. However,
when it's time for the next job, bacula does not retry the mount command
automatically for the previous job, so it keeps asking for the correct disk
for the previous job even when it is already plugged in.

Two questions:
1. Is all that likely what's going on?
2. how do I make bacula ask the operator for the NEXT disk it will need?

--
Virtual Bit di Lucio Crusca
http://www.virtual-bit.com