Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Newbee questions client/server + GUI

2008-11-17 12:19:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Newbee questions client/server + GUI
From: "Paul Cable" <pcable AT ebmky DOT com>
To: "'Johnny SSH'" <samankaya AT netscape DOT net>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:16:05 -0500

You shouldn't have to update your whole debian install to the unstable, I
think the Bacula issues were only related to certain lib's. If you could
track down specifically what is keeping 2.4.3 from running on Etch, you
might be able only update those few libs and get everything working.

I don't know what bweb and brestore are. I'd suggest webmin though for
admin'ing your Bacula server (if you're command-line retarded like me).
There's some things it won't do from the gui, but the most important day to
day tasks are covered. Webmin can do pretty much everything BAT does as
well, eliminating the need for BAT. Not to mention all the other server
controls provided by webmin (dhcp,smtp,samba,etc.).

This is all my opinion though and I haven't been using Bacula very long, so
don't go quoting me ;)