Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula ignores Max Volume Jobs

2008-11-15 04:27:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula ignores Max Volume Jobs
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 01:23:55 -0800
I'm using Bacula to back up 8 servers to a pool on a hard disk. To make
management somewhat easier, I configured bacula to create a new volume
(i.e., file) for each job. In the past, I only allowed one backup job to
run at a time (Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1) and everything worked
beautifully.

Today, I tried to speed up my backups by allowing multiple concurrent
backup jobs. Sure enough, the backups completed much faster - but
apparently multiple jobs now ended up in the same volume, despite the
Max Volume Jobs setting.

Is this a bug? If so, is it something that has already been reported
and/or fixed? I'm using 2.4.2.

Thanks!

Here are my pool declarations. All the jobs use the Full-Pool, Diff-Pool
or Inc-Pool as appropriate for the type of backup

Pool {
  Name = Default
  Pool Type = Backup
  Storage = Disk3, Disk2
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle
Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 3 months         # one year
  # Label Format =
"${Client}_${Job}_${Year}${Month:p/2/0/r}${Day:p/2/0/r}_${Hour:p/2/0/r}${Minute:p/2/0/r}${Second:p/2/0/r}_${Level}.bacula"
  Label Format = "bacula"
}

Pool {
  Name = Full-Pool
  Pool Type = Backup
  Storage = Disk3, Disk2
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle
Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 3 months         # one year
  Label Format = "bacula-full"
}

Pool {
  Name = Diff-Pool