Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore tape data after eof

2008-11-13 15:45:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore tape data after eof
From: C M Reinehr <cmr AT amsent DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:41:44 -0600
Heitor,

The only thing that I can think to try is 'dd'. That might be able to read
beyond an EOF mark to copy the tape image to disk. Once you have it to disk
you might be able to use 'dd' or 'vi' to manipulate the data blocks in such a
way as to construct a new file that bscan or bacula can read.

HTH.

cmr

--
Debian 'Etch' - Registered Linux User #241964
--------