Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] director/sd multiple addreses

2008-11-11 12:48:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] director/sd multiple addreses
From: Ronald Buder <rbuder AT proficom-ag DOT de>
To: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:25:16 +0100
James Harper wrote:
>> Mikel Jimenez Fernandez escribió:
>>
>>> Hello
>>> I always backup my clients throught openvpn net (10.10.0.0/24) but I
>>> need to backup one or two client trough public ips.
>>> What modification I have to do in director/storage daemons to have the
>>> capability to backup trought vpn and throught public ips?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Some ideas?
>>

> Search the users list archives for a thread entitled 'What new features are
> you waiting for?', between the 3rd and 7th of this month. Among other things,
> this topic is discussed.
>
> James

I would go about this using a dyndns provider. This really shouldn't be
much of a deal. Have the clients update their ip through dyndns whenever
they go online. There are several handy tools out there for that task,
such as ddclient.

Routing or firewall issues might be more of a problem depending on the
ISPs, the roaming clients use...

Hope that helps

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ronald Buder
Dipl-Ing.(BA)

Profi.Com AG
Büro Dresden
Stresemannplatz 3
D-01309 Dresden mail: rbuder AT proficom-ag DOT de