Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] question about schedules and retentions

2008-11-11 12:21:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] question about schedules and retentions
From: Carlo Maesen <c.maesen AT aca-it DOT be>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:18:58 +0100 (CET)
I did read the bacula manual but, I have some questions about schedules.
I creat the following schedule:
Schedule {
  Name = aca-cycle
  Run = Level=Incremental Pool=aca mon-thu at 22:00
  Run = Level=Full Pool=aca 1st-4th sat at 22:00
}

I backup one client according this schedule, but each different run has also a
different file and job retention. (Incr = 4 weeks, Full = 1 year)
Do I have to create 2 different clients and jobs, one for the incemental backup
and one for the full ?
Because the file and job retenion is defined in the client-directive.