Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore Errors, terminates early

2008-11-06 17:03:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore Errors, terminates early
From: "Roland Roberts" <roland AT astrofoto DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:59:56 -0500 (EST)
Roland Roberts wrote:
> Below is the console log from my failing restore job.  As you can see, the
> number of files restored is WAY low.  I'm trying to figure out how to get
> what I can out of this restore.
>
> I've done small restores before, a file or two, a even a small directory.
> This is the first time I've had to restore a lot of stuff.
>
> Unfortunately, this is not a test :-(

It would appear the problem is in the backend with quoting file names.  I
have some configuration files that were created via a Java webstart task.
Who cares?  Well, they are arguably misconfigured 'cause they create their
config files as "c:\jobwatch.properties" which ends up in my home directory
as "/home/roland/c\:\\jobwatch.properties".  That name doesn't get quoted
correctly in the SQL query that goes to PostgreSQL, so the query fails (and
I get an error in syslog from the postmaster).

I've just unmarked those files and will see how far I can get now.  It is
looking better (since it is still running).

I assume I should log this as a bug....

roland
--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland AT rlenter DOT com                            6818 Madeline Court