Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Different Catalogs for different Jobs

2008-11-06 07:46:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] Different Catalogs for different Jobs
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 07:44:38 -0500

> Dan Langille wrote:
>
>> - Bacula supports different catalogs for different jobs (I think from
>> the very
>> beginning). My setup uses two different catalogs on the same server,
>> but you
>> can even use them on different servers.
>
> Dan,
>
> Any chance you could provide some config examples in another thread? I
> tried to set this up so I could have a separate catalog that for
> production backups vs. staff machines, but for whatever reason -- even
> when specifying a catalog for a job -- they seem to get crossed, or it
> will only use one of the catalogs (generally the wrong one).

I'll start from the manual, but I must point out that the above was
written
by another Bacula developer, not me.  :)  If I can't get you through
this,
I'll ask for their config, but it looks straight forward to me.

Each Client resource must contain a Catalog directive.

What have you been doing?

The original idea was different Catalogs for different Jobs, but I'm not
sure that's exactly what you want.  Can you elaborate.

NOTE: you could refer to the same client computer with two
different Client resources, each with a different Catalog.

--
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/