Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows backups slow for remote (internet) backups only

2008-11-04 22:28:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows backups slow for remote (internet) backups only
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 17:32:59 -0800
What kind of Internet connection is it? Since you say, 8 Mbps, I'm
guessing either a DSL or Cable modem connection; these are the only 8
Mbps Internet connections I'm aware of.

Those connections are asymmetric. The 8 Mbps would only apply TO your
system. The upload speed is typically much slower; in fact, 3 Mbps
sounds like you would be getting a very good speed; it can often be as
slow as 1 Mbps or less.

If you have a different type of Internet connection, obviously that does
not apply.