Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] changing the name of a tape?

2008-11-03 17:10:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] changing the name of a tape?
From: Mike Eggleston <mikeegg1 AT mac DOT com>
To: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:28:51 -0600
On Mon, 03 Nov 2008, Arno Lehmann might have said:

> Hi,
>
> 03.11.2008 19:26, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I mis-named a disk volume (if that matters) when adding
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^
> >> it just now. I had
> >> a backup waiting for a new volume, so this volume was
> >> grabbed immediately
> >> by bacula to start storing the backup (not a problem). Is
> >> there a way to rename the volume? I named it
> >> '$site-03578' instead if '$site-0358'. I
> >> want to take the '7' out of the name. Can I just update
> >> the database or
> >> must I remove the volume and re-add it manually?
> >
> > Its easy to rename in the database, but the problem comes from the truth
> > that the volume name is also in the tape label in the beginning of the tape.
> >
> > You need to re-label the tape, or bacula will not accept it when it needs
> > it according to the database.
>
> As far as I know, disk volumes are selected by their file name only. I
> might be wrong, of course... but Mike will tell us soon, right? ;-)
>
> Arno

I took the simple way out, waited for the backup job to finish with
that volume and move to the next, purged and deleted that volume and
subsequent volumes, rescheduled the job I just destroyed, and am waiting
to recreate the disk volumes. The only irritating part is the loss of
time. I'm in the middle of doing my monthly fulls, so no big deal really.

I thought there might be a simple way to fix my mistake.

Thanks for the answers.

Mike