Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] changing the name of a tape?

2008-11-03 15:42:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] changing the name of a tape?
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 21:40:09 +0100
Hi,

03.11.2008 15:49, Mike Eggleston wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I mis-named a disk volume (if that matters) when adding it just now. I had
> a backup waiting for a new volume, so this volume was grabbed immediately
> by bacula to start storing the backup (not a problem). Is there a way to
> rename the volume? I named it '$site-03578' instead if '$site-0358'. I
> want to take the '7' out of the name. Can I just update the database or
> must I remove the volume and re-add it manually?

It *should* be possible to do this without removing and re-creating
the volume... just change the catalog entry (i.e., name in the Media
table) and the file name on disk.

Do this when Bacula is not accessing the catalog or even the volume...
it would be safest to completely stop Bacula prior to the change, of
course.

And be sure to have a backup :-)
(Although, in this case, just knowing the Volume's ID should be
sufficient to undo your changes.)

Arno

> Mike

Arno Lehmann