Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?

2008-11-02 21:18:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Dan Langille" <dan AT langille DOT org>, "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:15:43 +1100

> With the upcoming release of Bacula, what new feature are you waiting
for?

> Me?  I'm waiting for duplicate job control.  I had to change a tape
> today, but I was busy:

I get around that by setting the maximum run time for a job. My jobs all
start at 9pm, and if they are still running at 9am bacula cancels them
automatically. If your backup regime was other than a nightly job that
is always finished by morning then obviously this might not work for
you.

What I'd really like is some sort of tape validation job. Under Amanda
(sorry :), I ran a script at 10am and 3pm which would email someone if
there was no tape (usb disk actually) present, or if the disk would not
be valid for tonights backup. The 10am script would email the normal
tape operator, the 3pm job would email a bunch of others too, on the
assumption that the normal tape operator was probably absent.

James