Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Access to client name in the run before job script?

2008-10-31 06:09:39
Subject: [Bacula-users] Access to client name in the run before job script?
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 03:06:17 -0700
Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to pass the client name to the run_before
script, but I can't see a way to actually make it work. Apparently,
variable expansion is not available for the Run Before Job?

In my JobDef, I have the line:

  Run Before Job = "/usr/local/sbin/myscript ${Client}"

The script executes for each backup job, but always receives the literal
${Client} instead of the actual client name.

Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks!