Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What's happen if a Client change their IPaddress?

2008-10-29 16:35:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What's happen if a Client change their IPaddress?
From: "Joshua J. Kugler" <joshua AT eeinternet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:33:21 -0800
On Wednesday 29 October 2008, Reynier Perez Mira said something like:
> > > Myself, I simply linked the DNS and DHCP servers so that clients
> > > register can their dynamic addresses at the DNS server. My Bacula
> > > daemon then simply uses the hostnames to find them.
>
> Ok, I'm think this is the best solution. Could you send me or tell me
> where to find some information about link DHCP and DNS servers? I
> need to study this because I never do this before

If you're on a small network, you can use
http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/  That will link your DNS lookup
with the DHCP names the clients use.  If you're on a large network, and
are using Bind, or another DNS server, I can't help you there...never
linked DHCP and DNS on something like that.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE