Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] 32 vs 64 bit os

2008-10-19 19:06:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] 32 vs 64 bit os
From: "Dagan McGregor" <Dagan.McGregor AT tnzi DOT com>
To: "Ulrich Leodolter" <ulrich.leodolter AT obvsg DOT at>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:03:18 +1300

 This question is probably better directed to a MySQL specific list. I don't
think Bacula will have any problem scaling depending on your configuration on
spooling, and the size of your largest backup/restore jobs.

 In regards to switching to 64-bit OS; the hardware you mention (4GB, dual-core
CPUS) is better suited to 64-bit OS. Once you go above ~3.5GB in system memory,
32-bit OS stops being able to use it all.

 I have all my GNU/Linux boxes running 64-bit for future-proofing of upgrades,
even those with only 2GB currently installed :)

 Cheers,

Dagan McGregor
Landmark Technologies