Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] autochanger confusion

2008-10-16 16:43:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] autochanger confusion
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Craig White" <craigwhite AT azapple DOT com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:40:17 -0400
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Craig White <craigwhite AT azapple DOT com>
wrote:
> I'm looking at the documentation and it suggests that I need to put the
> 'Changer Command' in both the Storage definition and in the Autochanger
> Resource. That seems redundant. I am gathering that I only need that
> command in the Autochanger Resource.
>
> But what is bothering me more is my bacula-dir.conf is configured to use
> 'LTO-3' as Storage.
>
> and a partial of my bacula-sd.conf (below) has
>
> Device {
>  Name = LTO-3                        #
>  Media Type = LTO-3
>  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
>  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>  RemovableMedia = yes;
>  RandomAccess = no;
>  AutoChanger = yes
> }
This is not needed or wanted.

> Autochanger {
>  Name = "Autochanger"
>  Device = Drive-1, Drive-2...
>  Changer Device = /dev/sg4
>  Changer Command = "/usr/lib/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
> }
>
> Device {
>  Name = Drive-1
>  Drive Index = 0
>  Media Type = LTO-3
>  Archive Device = /dev/nst0    # Normal archive device
>  Autochanger = yes
>  LabelMedia = no;
>  AutomaticMount = yes;
>  AlwaysOpen = yes;
> }
>
> does this seem right?

Loose the first device otherwise it looks fine to me. Here is my
definition for my 2 drive Exabyte Magnum 224:

Autochanger {
  Name = Magnum224-0
  Device = LTO2-0, LTO2-1
  Changer Command = "/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
#  Changer Device = /dev/sg5
# 02/12/2007 added udev rule to link /dev/autochanger1 to the changer
  Changer Device = /dev/autochanger1
}

Device {
  Name = LTO2-0
  Media Type = LTO-2
  Drive Index = 0
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  Autochanger=yes
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  Spool Directory = /mnt/tmp/bacula/tape
  Maximum Job Spool Size = 5G
#  Maximum Block Size = 262144
#  Minimum Block Size = 262144
#  Volume Poll Interval = 5 minutes
#  Close on Poll = Yes
#  Offline On Unmount = no
  LabelMedia = Yes
  Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"

#  Maximum blocksize = 512K
}

Device {
  Name = LTO2-1