Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] autochanger confusion

2008-10-16 16:25:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] autochanger confusion
From: Craig White <craigwhite AT azapple DOT com>
To: "'Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:21:48 -0700
I'm looking at the documentation and it suggests that I need to put the
'Changer Command' in both the Storage definition and in the Autochanger
Resource. That seems redundant. I am gathering that I only need that
command in the Autochanger Resource.

But what is bothering me more is my bacula-dir.conf is configured to use
'LTO-3' as Storage.

and a partial of my bacula-sd.conf (below) has

Device {
  Name = LTO-3                        #
  Media Type = LTO-3
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  AutoChanger = yes
}
Autochanger {
  Name = "Autochanger"
  Device = Drive-1, Drive-2...
  Changer Device = /dev/sg4
  Changer Command = "/usr/lib/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
}

Device {
  Name = Drive-1
  Drive Index = 0
  Media Type = LTO-3
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0    # Normal archive device
  Autochanger = yes
  LabelMedia = no;
  AutomaticMount = yes;
  AlwaysOpen = yes;